AFFIXING SUCCESS IN SCHOOL AND LIFE
As a leading provider of Pre-K education services, we take pride in offering the best science, technology, engineering and mathematics learning activities for Pre-K children, ages 3 to 5 years old. We are dedicated to providing children with opportunities to engage in STEM learning in an informal setting.
Our teachers intentionally prepare the teaching/learning environment and the experiences to allow children to fully engage with the materials used in our learning activities. These activities allow children to question, explore, investigate, make meaning, and construct explanations and organize knowledge by manipulating materials.
Children's S.T.E.M. Academies' mission is attuned to the declarations of the National Science Teachers Association which recommends that teachers and other education providers who support children's learning in any early childhood setting should:
- recognize the value and importance of nurturing young children's curiosity and provide experiences in the early years that focus on the content and practices of science with an understanding of how these experiences connect to the science content defined in the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) (NGSS Lead States 2013);
- understand that science experiences are already a part of what young children encounter every day through play and interactions with others, but that teachers and other education providers need to provide a learning environment that encourages children to ask questions, plan investigations, and record and discuss findings;
- tap into, guide, and focus children's natural interests and abilities through carefully planned open-ended, inquiry-based explorations;
- provide numerous opportunities every day for young children to engage in science inquiry and learning by intentionally designing a rich, positive, and safe environment for exploration and discovery;
- emphasize the learning of science and engineering practices, including asking questions and defining problems; developing and using models; planning and carrying out investigations; analyzing and interpreting data; using mathematics and computational thinking; constructing explanations and designing solutions; engaging in argument from evidence; and obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information (NRC 2012, NGSS Lead States 2013);
- recognize that science provides a purposeful context for developing literacy skills and concepts, including speaking, listening, vocabulary development, and many others; and
- recognize that science provides a purposeful context for use of math skills and concepts.
Please reach out to us at (202)316-5561 to find out more about the activities CSA provides to enhance the educational opportunities our young children need and deserve. You can also email us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you in this exciting New Year of 2019!
Thank you for visiting our website. Please contact us to request more information about our products and services or to provide feedback about our website.